Major Trophies and Bursaries
The following trophies will be awarded at the discretion of the Adjudicator:
Speech and Drama
- THE MOLLY WILSON MEMORIAL CUP will be presented for an outstanding performance in the Verse Speaking Classes.
- THE JOE WALLACE MEMORIAL SALVER will be presented for an outstanding performance in the Acting Classes.
- THE DOREEN SMITH TROPHY will be awarded for an outstanding performance in the Bible Reading, Prose Reading and Verse Reading Classes.
- THE LANCELYN GREEN TROPHY will be awarded for any performance worthy of note.
- THE CUMBERLAND BUILDING SOCIETY CUP will be awarded to the most promising performer in this year's Festival.
- THE DR KENNETH PICKERING MEMORIAL TROPHY will be presented by Ms Louise Lewis for outstanding performance in duologue acting.
- THE FRANKLIN MEMORIAL CUP for the most promising competitor in classes 601, 602, 621, 622 and 641.
- THE GEORGE TAYLOR MEMORIAL TROPHY for the competitor with highest mark in any Brass Class.
- THE PRELUDE GUITAR SHIELD for the most musical performance in any Guitar Class.
- THE ETHEL HOGARTH MEMORIAL CUP for the most promising competitor in classes 603, 604, 610, 623, 624, 630, 642, 643, 650, 660.
- THE MOLLY WILSON TROPHY for the best all-round female vocalist.
- THE DR F WADELY CUP for the best all-round male vocalist.
- THE JOE WALLACE MEMORIAL SALVER (Music) for the winner with the highest mark in classes 265 & 275.
- A SILVER CUP PRESENTED BY MR JOHN ABBA for the competitor with the highest mark in any Pianoforte Class.
- THE RONMAR TROPHY, PRESENTED BY THE RONMAR SCHOOL OF MUSIC to the winner with the highest mark in any instrumental class, except Orchestra and Band Classes.
- THE SUSAN ARMOREL BEEBY MEMORIAL TROPHY for violoncello playing, will be be presented to a cellist from any of the four Violoncello Classes.
- THE AUSTIN FRIARS PTA TROPHY for a musical performance worthy of note by a primary school individual or group.
- THE LANERCOST FESTIVAL TROPHY presented by Marilynne Davies, for the most inspiring choral performance.
- THE MICHAEL HANCOCK BURSARY for any instrumentalist aged 18 and under, who gave the most inspiring performance at the Festival.
- THE BOWMAN MEDAL AND SCHOLARSHIP for the most promising young singer (16 years and over). The winner will receive a medallion and a grant for further singing tuition.
- SAM BELLINGHAM MEMORIAL TROPHY - Winners' competition for classes 230, 232, 233, 241, 244.
- THE CUMBERLAND NEWS TROPHY - Winners' competition for classes 260, 261, 265, 273, 275