2020 Syllabus - important notes and announcements
Posted 27th October 2019
The notes and special announcements regarding the 2020 Syllabus are published here below:
1. CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: JANUARY 17th, 2020
The closing date to enter the 2020 Festival is January 17th, 2020. We regret no entries can be accepted after this date. Please submit your entry online via our website www.carlislemusicanddrama.com or send your completed entry form to the appropriate Coordinator.
2. VENUES FOR 2020
We will be using St Cuthbert’s Church, The Tithe Barn and St George's United Reformed Church (formerly the Resource Centre), Carlisle. There is wheelchair access (using a ramp) to all venues. Stewards are available to help, if needed. Maps and further information are available on our website.
3. OFFICIAL ACCOMPANISTS
If you would like to make use of the Official Accompanist, please fill in the appropriate fields and enclose/attach sheet music with your entry. Please do not request them unless you fully intend to make use of their services.
4. GALA CONCERT
As in previous years, winners of the major trophies, plus other performances of note, will once again perform in a GALA CONCERT to be held in St Cuthbert's Church at 6.30pm on Saturday, March 14th. The major trophies will be presented at this concert.
5. VOCAL MASTERCLASS & WOODWIND MASTERCLASS
May we draw your attention to the masterclasses that are being offered on Saturday, February 1st, 2020. Application forms and further information can be found in this Syllabus and on our website. The closing date for entering the Masterclasses is Saturday, December 7th, 2019.
6. NEW TROPHY SPEECH AND DRAMA
The Ingrid Messenger Memorial Trophy will be presented for Class 89 - DUOLOGUE - Not Costume - OPEN.
7. NEW TROPHY MUSIC
The Alan Branstone Memorial Shield will be presented for Class 560 - Brass Solo - OPEN.
8. ADULT VOCAL CLASSES
All Adult Vocal Classes (260 - 281) will take place on Saturday.
9. GDPR (PRIVACY) POLICY
In compliance with new regulations, Carlisle and District Music and Drama Festival has drawn up and activated a GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) Policy. Our Policy can be found on our website www.carlislemusicanddrama.com.
10. ADDITION TO GENERAL REGULATIONS
Cumbria County Council has stipulated that to take place, our Festival requires a BOPA (Body of Persons Approval), as a result of which the Committee has had to adapt entry procedures. We ask your attention for the following addition to our General Regulations:
- You are advised that entry information may be published in our Festival Programme. Under the provisions of the BOPA the Festival is legally required to hold, we are obliged to share information about competitors under the age of 18 and resident in Cumbria, with Cumbria County Council, at their request. Furthermore, you are advised that entrants have a duty to give or obtain the necessary consents for the competitors (when aged under 18) to take part in the Festival; for competitors resident in Cumbria this includes consent for absence from school, if applicable.
- In order to satisfy Cumbria County Council that we are acting responsibly, with due regard for the wellbeing of competitors, please complete the fitness to perform statement on the Entry Form.
11. GROUP NUMBERS
Schools need to confirm group numbers to the Recording Officer on the day of the performance.